TLP turns 1 today and I’m kind of freaking out that it’s already been a year since my first blog post. I wanted to give you guys 5 things that simply wouldn’t have happened if it wasn’t for Thirteen Lip Prints.
- In the past year that I’ve been blogging I feel like I’ve really grown to finding my own personal style. I always knew what I liked and what I didn’t like but my confidence in being able to make a decision in a split second is something that I’ve noticed in myself and my work.
- Writing to me is kind of like playing basketball. In other words, practice makes perfect. When looking at my first blogpost to my posts now I feel like my writing seems to get more comfortable and easy as time goes on. I’m not the best writer but I like writing for Thirteen Lip Prints and being able to write about what I love most. So, basically in a few years my writing will be compared to Ernest Hemingway.
- I feel so much more comfortable in front of the camera. My boyfriend is my photography when it comes to style posts so just imagine trying to look cool, be cool and not make awkward faces while trying to impress him and get some good shots that you can put on the site. Uncomfortable to say the least. But now I know my angles and he knows how to work the camera so we’re golden.
- I knew from the very beginning, before I started my blog, that this would not be easy and that this would take time. I knew that there were thousands of girls around the world starting fashion blogs and wanting to make a name for themselves. When I was in New York for NYFW this September I went to the Reward Style roof top party at the Empire Hotel. I was overwhelmed by all the fashion bloggers around me. It was also a good feeling to know that everyone in that room had the same passion and drive as I do with the fashion industry. As I was taking it all in I realized that the only thing I need to focus on is me and my blog. And that is exactly what I’m going to continue to do.
- Fashion has always been a huge part of my life. I’ve always been one to grab stacks of fashion magazines monthly and flip through those pages in awe. I’ve found that over the past year I’ve become more intrigued in what the articles in these fashion magazines have to say. These articles are written by the best and with me not being the best writer I’m able to see how they write and how they use their words in articles that I truly understand and care about.
I’m very proud of myself for keeping Thirteen Lip Prints going and beyond excited to see where it will be in a year from now. This has been the best creative outlet for me and I never want it to stop.