October is the month of pumpkin spice coffee, sweater weather, and that wicked holiday, HALLOWEEN.
- Oscar de la Renta – As I’m sure you have all heard by now, the fashion legend has passed away after fighting a long battle of cancer since 2006. I wanted to include him in my October Must-Haves because he is someone that has changed women’s fashion in such an influential and profound way.
- ACNE Studios underwear – Acne Studios launched their underwear line this month, giving us soft and durable underwear made from Pima cotton. With that saying, the collection is far from sexy but Johnny Johansson, head of design, wanted this collection to be basic and comfortable. Almost like you aren’t wearing any underwear at all.
- Helmut Lang Knit Turtleneck – I can’t stop thinking about this sweater. The moment I felt this wool blend turtleneck slip over my head in the dressing room I fell in love. Of course, I talked myself out from actually buying it but I think this is one that I’ll be going back for.
- RE/DUN Jeans – Remember scrolling through racks on racks of smelly clothes at the thrift store trying to find that perfect fitting pair of Levi’s that you want so badly? Well here is your saving grace, RE/DUN. Each jean is handpicked, taken apart at the seams and then resewed. They admire the one-of-a-kind faded denim and the history each pair of jeans bring. Their Instagram is amazing so if you don’t already, go follow them right now (@redun).
- GUCCI Orange – Give me leather, a tassel, burnt orange and an embossed Gucci logo and I’m happy.
- Rag & Bone Roll-neck Sweater – Let me just go ahead and say, a girl can never have too many turtleneck sweaters. Plus, I love this look of the off-white cable knit sweater with the worn in vintage jeans on Cara Delevingne.
- Sweater Dress and Metallic – This look is from McQ Alexander McQueen Spring 2015 collection presented at London Fashion Week last month. I’m completely obsessed with the softness of the sweater dress paired with the rose gold metallic trench tied around her waist. Styled perfectly and couldn’t be a more flawless transition look for right now.