Finally, the month of May. Boy, has this been a crazy past few weeks. I will finally be free of everything (besides work, of course) after this week so I will be able to fully put as much attention as I can into my blog again. I’ve missed writing posts and keeping myself updated on everything going on in the fashion world. This blog is the biggest outlet I have to let myself be creative and escape from everything besides what I love most. May is just one of those months when I have something to do every weekend. Which is fine with me I’ve just got to get everything done during the week. I have a few ideas for some new posts I’m going to start focusing on weekly. I’m so ready to start getting back on track. Better late than never, here are my May Must-Haves. With the weather being 100 degrees one day and the next raining cats and dogs I had to really think about this month. But like I say after each Monthly Must-Have post I do, this is my favorite. Shop the May Must-Haves below!
1. MARNI, Japanese flower-print dress – I remember seeing this dress on style.com and absolutely falling in love with it. I love the length and the sheerness it has. Perfect for a warm summer night with a jean jacket thrown on with it.
2. VINCE, Deep raglan-sleeve cashmere sweater – Now I know it’s the middle of May and yes the temperature reached close to 100 degrees this weekend but no matter how warm it is during the day, I always seem to be cold at night. This sweater is perfect to throw on during those chilly nights.
3. ZARA, jean jacket (similar below) – I’ve been looking for the perfect jean jacket for summer. When this one came in the mail my boyfriend was so confused why I would get this. Just like the cashmere sweater for those chilly nights, this jean jacket will pair perfectly with cut offs and sandals on those days when a light jean jacket is a must.
4. CHANEL, Les Beiges – I was flipping through this month’s Harpers Bazaar and ran across this perfect compact for summer. Now its limited edition and you can only purchase it on chanel.com till June 1 when it goes to retailers. I like the fact that it is not your normal bronzer blush combo. There is no glimmer or glitter to it. Just that natural look I’m immediately drawn to.
5. KATE SPADE, umbrella – The moment I saw Blair Waldorf carry a see-through umbrella on Gossip Girl it was love at first site. This one from Kate Spade definitely caught my eye with the catchy phrase on the side.
6. CHANEL boy bag – This is a Must, Want and a Need. But this will be one I will have to save up for. Loving this jean blue color.
7. CHANEL watch – Love the classic feel of this Chanel watch. Perfect for that everyday gold touch.
8. MAX MARA, Daphne trousers – Trousers have been a big part of my life for the past few years working in an office. Thankfully as the seasons come they become a huge part in every collection. I love the cut of these ones. Lady-like but still good to sit in all day. Plus, the wide hem elongates the legs.
9. YVES SAINT LAURENT, La laque couture in Rouge N Pop Art – During the winter my go-to nail color is a rich wine. For spring and summer I find the best color when paired with sunkissed skin is that classic fire engine red.
10. JEFFREY CAMPBELL, Lisbon embellished sandal – Thanks to Celine, Givenchy, and Marni, to name a few, the Birkenstock sandal is back and better than ever. I am quite excited to get my hands on a pair for this summer.